Finance Director DACH (m/f/d)
Our client is an engineering and design consultancy that delivers solutions for leading companies in the pharmaceutical, biotechnology, medtech, and chemicals sectors. It has expertise in complex infrastructure, process and the built environment, from large production facilities to pilot plants or laboratories.
With over 6.000 employees worldwide, almost 400 in the DACH region, they provide multi-disciplinary teams of process, laboratory, and automation/ instrumentation engineers, project managers, architects and designers.
The Finance Director has overall control and responsibility of all aspects of the DACH finance function, and provides advice, guidance and recommendations to ensure financial risks are mitigated. The major objective is helping to grow the business in all three German speaking countries.
This role reports to the European Director, based in Switzerland.
Recently, the position is based at our client’s Swiss headquarter. Yet it will be transferred to Karlsruhe, Germany, within approximately one year. The job holder will be requested to relocate. Then, frequent visits to Switzerland and sometimes UK will be / remain obligatory.
- Be one of the key supports to the European Director in performance management of the business and ensure that finance is aligned and supportive to the overall business strategy.
- Lead, direct and manage the DACH finance team for the production of monthly management accounts, forecasts, budgets, statutory financial statements for two companies and a branch, corporation tax packs, VAT returns and ad-hoc information requests such as for bids / tenders; ownership of cash management and treasury activities for the business.
- Exercise financial control over the business in accordance with business policies and priorities; ensure that regulatory requirements of all statutory bodies are met.
- Proactively identify potential operational efficiencies and improvements to finance systems and practices; lead and/or provide support for business change initiatives.
- Support the development of the business and challenge/support where appropriate.
- Monitor, manage and report on all financial aspects of the business highlighting issues and proposing/taking mitigation actions at the earliest opportunity.
- Ensure that timely, accurate and robust financial information and other KPIs are delivered to the business.
- Build a trusted relationship with the European Director, the DACH senior management team, the UK Design Finance Director and key members of the Group Finance team.
- Establish a high level of credibility and manage strong working relationships with external and internal customers.
- Contribute fully to the development of the company strategies across all areas of the business and challenge others by providing financial analysis and guidance on all activities including plans, targets and business drivers.
- Manage company strategy and policies regarding capital requirements, debt and taxation.
- Manage fixed overheads, identify areas of cost savings and lead initiatives to reduce inefficiency and overspend
Your ideal qualification:
- Qualified member of a recognised accountancy body.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent.
- Obligatory: Knowledge of both German and Swiss GAAP as well as IFRS
- Ability to demonstrate clear and visible leadership at senior level, with capability to absorb responsibility and accountability whilst providing sensitive direction to others.´
- Adept at building strong relationships.
- Self-motivated and financial results orientated with a clear focus on quality and business profit.
- Ability to operate both at strategic and operational level.
- Change and growth management skills.
- Ability to handle high levels of pressure and critical decision-making.
- Commercially smart and confident.
- Fluent English and German.
Please, contact for further information, or send your English CV to:
Dr. Astrid Bruynck
Tel. +49 - 7665 - 947 4843
Mobil +49 - 171 - 419 6133
By providing your application documents you agree that we save and store them according to GDPR regulations.