Field Support Scientist, Liquid Handling (gn)*
Our client is a global leader in providing innovative solutions and technical support to life scientists in academic, industrial and government settings, manufacturing products in the fields of genomics, genetic identity, protein and cellular analysis and drug discovery.
The Field Support Scientist works in an international team. Hes/she will support standard and custom High Throughput (HT) reagent evaluations in customer’s laboratories, while being recognized as the technical product expert for reagent and instrument applications.
Ideal candidates will have handling and programming experience using automated liquid handlers.
HT reagents/ workflows include processing different sample types for DNA/RNA/Plasmid/ccfDNA and other nucleic acid purification workflows along with the company’s solutions in protein purification, cell health and viability, human identification, mass spectrometry, and molecular diagnostics.
Working out of a home office in Germany, serving customers across Europe, you live preferably near a major airport.
The position offers an attractive salary, a company car, and additional fringe benefits.
Your primary responsibilities:
- Utilize liquid handling software and instrumentation (e.g. Tecan, Hamilton, Beckman) expertise to create and develop custom automated scripts for the company’s reagent solutions. Install developed, custom and validated methods.
- Execute the implementation of HT workflows, including creating custom automated workflows, customer training, method, technical reagent recommendations, and reagent troubleshooting.
- Keep customer focus while answering technical questions, and providing remote and/or on-site support (pre- and post-support).
- Generate laboratory data that contributes to the understanding of the technical challenges and benefits associated with reagents, instrumentation and device integration. Maintain clear and complete records of laboratory procedures and communicate results.
- Partner with with Corporate Technical Services to report customer feedback, report incidents and address customer inquiries.
- Collaborate effectively with all company departments (Life Science Products and Services, Global Sales, Corporate Scientific Business Units, Corporate Technical Services, R&D, Scientific Applications and Training, Custom Order Department, Global Custom and OEM Solution Team, etc.) ín order to support improvements in the design, application, sales and technical support of products and processes.
- Keep abreast of new technologies and stay current in reagent and instrument technical knowledge in order to provide recommendations and troubleshoot technical questions by customers.
- Attend internal and external meetings, seminars and provide technical support; provide product training to existing and newly hired employees as needed.
- Participate in corporate cross-functional teams by providing customer feedback and reporting product related information to help with new product realization and marketing campaign activities.
Specific job related skills and requirements:
- Liquid handling programmatic expertise, which requires custom script generation/optimization from manual workflows to liquid handling platforms.
- BS/MS/PhD degree in molecular biology, cell biology, protein biochemistry or related life science area.
- Bench lab experience in a life science, pharmaceutical, academic or clinical setting.
- Proven knowledge and understanding of core applications in molecular biology, cell biology, protein biochemistry, nucleic acid purification, performing compound screening, and cell culture.
- Computer experience using programs, e.g. EVOware, Venus, BindIt, Biomek, Fluent Controls, epBlue, Windows, Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Ability to learn and use new programs as needed.
- Ability to create and deliver technical presentations, seminars and support materials.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in German and English; comfortable presenting and speaking in front of large audiences.
- Excellent problem-solving, conflict resolution, listening and negotiation skills.
- Well organized and able to manage multiple projects and prioritize workload and schedule.
- Ability to to maintain a travel schedule of plus 50%, and lift packages weighing up to 50 lbs.
*(gn) = gender neutral
Please, contact us for further information / questions, or send us your CV.
Dr. Astrid Bruynck
NotchDelta Executive Search, Germany, www.search-notchdelta.com
Mobile +49 - 171 - 419 6133
By providing your application documents you agree that we save and store them according to GDPR regulations.