Field Support Scientist, Liquid Handling (m/f/d)
Our client is a global leader in providing innovative solutions and technical support to life scientists in academic, industrial and government settings, manufacturing products in the fields of genomics, genetic identity, protein and cellular analysis and drug discovery.
The Field Support Scientist works in an international team. He/she supports standard and custom High Throughput (HT) reagent evaluations in customer laboratories, while being recognized as the technical product expert for related applications.
The ideal candidate has handling, and programming, experience using automated liquid handlers.
HT reagents/ workflows include processing different sample types for DNA/RNA/Plasmid/ccfDNA and other nucleic acid purification workflows along with the company’s solutions in protein purification, cell health and viability, human identification, mass spectrometry, and molecular diagnostics.
Working out of a home office in Germany, serving customers across Europe, you live preferably near a major airport.
The position offers an attractive salary, a company car, and additional fringe benefits.
Your primary responsibilities:
- Utilize liquid handling software and instrumentation (e.g. Tecan, Hamilton, Beckman) expertise to create and develop custom automated scripts for the company’s reagent solutions.
- Develop and execute LH methods and workflows; generate laboratory data that contributes to the understanding of the technical challenges and benefits associated with reagents, instrumentation and device integration.
- Keep customer focus, providing remote and/or on-site support (pre- and post-support).
- Collaborate effectively with all company departments in order to coordinate and schedule on-site HT evaluations.
- Attend internal and external meetings, seminars and provide product training to colleagues as needed.
- Provide customer feedback; evaluate and comment on products and related protocols in new product realization activities.
Specific job related skills and requirements:
- Liquid handling programmatic expertise, which requires custom script generation/optimization from manual workflows to liquid handling platforms.
- BS/MS/PhD degree in molecular biology, cell biology, protein biochemistry or related life science area.
- Bench lab experience in a life science, pharmaceutical, academic or clinical setting.
- Computer experience using programs, e.g. EVOware, Venus, BindIt, Biomek, Fluent Controls, epBlue, Windows, Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Ability to learn and use new programs as needed.
- Ability to create and deliver technical presentations, seminars and support materials.
- Proficient verbal and written communication skills in German and English; comfortable presenting and speaking in front of large audiences.
- Well organized and able to manage multiple projects and prioritize workload and schedule.
- Ability to to maintain a travel schedule of plus 50%.
Please, contact us for further information / questions, or send us your CV.
Dr. Astrid Bruynck
NotchDelta Executive Search, Germany, www.search-notchdelta.com
Mobile +49 - 171 - 419 6133
By providing your application documents you agree that we save and store them according to GDPR regulations.