Senior Medical Writer (m/f)
Our customer is an independent international aesthetics and neurotoxin company with its own research and development capabilities. Due to continous growth we are looking to fill the position of Senior Medical Writer (m/f).
Your specific accountabilities:
- Develop and implement the Global Publication Strategy (abstracts, posters, original manus-cript publications, verbal communications, symposia etc.)
- Lead and manage the global publication team consisting of crossfunctional members from all regions (NA, LATAM, EMEA, APAC)
- Maintain and evaluate relevant medical literature including competitor publications
- Steer medical communications agencies
- Proactive input to marketing communication tools, eg core claims, sales materials, detail aid
- Play a key role in content creation (content development responsibility) by writing (or leading in case of outsourcing), revising and editing a range of materials, especially marketing brochures, slide decks, draft outlines, abstracts, posters, reviews, primary papers
- Proactively create story ideas, depending upon the type of writing job
- Scientific medical writing: Translate drug trial results, medical study findings and clinical data into presentations, medical journal abstracts and manuscripts for medical professional audience
- Communicate with authors and Medical Communication agency regarding medical/scientific content
- Understand the audience and requirements of each writing assignment and adapting the writing style, tone, and “voice” of the work
- Establish effective cross-functional relationships with counterparts in Medical and Marketing to meet customer (internal and external) expectations
- Work within the job specification, including time allocation and agreed budgets, make aware any variances in advance to the team
- Ensure writing is of high scientific and literary standards and meets objectives
- Undertake research in the therapy area to allow effective writing
- Incorporate editorial comments and solve queries to present a ‘finished’ final document to the team
- Contribute in developing medical and marketing initiatives
- Bachelor’s or Master´ degree preferably in Science, English, or Communications with relevant scientific experience required.
- Minimum of 3 years of medical-writing experience in the pharmaceutical and/or medical device, health sciences, or biotech industry. Consideration will also be given to those with similar experience in the medical information or medical communication fields.
- International experience or at least has proven the ability to work outside of his/her home country
- Experience in managing an international project group (i.e. publication team) in a matrix structure
- Strong medical-writing skills as evidenced by publications in peer-reviewed jour-nals; scientific ab-stracts, posters, or presentations; regulatory-submission writing (e.g., IND/NDA modules, investigator brochures, etc.); and other clinical writing (e.g., protocols, CSRs, clinical study outlines, SOPs).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
- Native English speaker or proven level of excellent spoken and written English, including under-standing of English language usage and standardized-writing styles.
- Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills and able to work independently and proactively
- Sound organizational and planning skills; deadline-oriented and meticulous in approach; and possess a sense of urgency and accuracy. Attention to detail is required.
- Able to work on multiple projects simultaneously, while maintaining competing priorities, timelines, and quality of deliverables.
- Must be able to anticipate obstacles and proactively develop solutions to achieve project goals.
- Readily adaptable to changes in priorities.
- Solid work ethic, professionalism, and sense of responsibility and personal accountability.
- Must be able to recommend improvements to existing templates or create templates for stream-lining best practices and consistency.
- Knowledge of FDA and/or EMEA regulations, GCP, ICH guidelines, and/or familiarity with standard operating procedures is a plus.
Are you interested in this challanging position? Then take the next step towards the future with a top employer in the heart of Frankfurt, who will offer you plenty of freedom to make your own decisions right from the start. We look forward to receiving your application to:
Dr. Andrea Sandmöller
Tel. +49 172 3546586
NotchDelta Executive Search
Rheingaustrasse 190 – 196